Department: Partnerships & Development
Role of Director of Development
Reports to Vice President, Partnerships & Development
Since our start in 1999, Breastcancer.org’s mission has been to help women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast health and breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives.
Now our mission has become more critical than ever.
As healthcare, technology, and patient behavior are transforming in amazing new ways, it is an exciting time for us at Breastcancer.org. We are building a new digital platform that will truly transform the breast cancer patient experience.
If you are ambitious and excited by the opportunity to play a key role in Breastcancer.org’s transformation, join our growing team
The director of development will provide leadership, strategic direction, and overall operational management of the organization’s $5 million revenue budget. In addition, he/she will be responsible for relationship cultivation and significant revenue generation with corporations, online giving, events, annual fund, grants, and other sources. This person will also have direct responsibility for supporting the achievement of the organization’s revenue growth projected to double over the next five years. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Partnerships & Development and works collaboratively with the leadership team and colleagues across the organization.
- Identifies, cultivates, and generates significant funding from corporate partners that align with the goals and mission of the organization
- Responsible for a designated portfolio of relationships with specified revenue goals
- Leads and manages the creation of fundraising communications including emails, annual giving solicitations and digital campaigns, grant proposals, partnership presentations, event invitations, and reports
- Develops and oversees the individual giving programs, including major donors and annual giving
- Works collaboratively with Breastcancer.org content and marketing team to identify funding partners, content opportunities, and in-kind support
- Develops and manages annual development budget to meet ambitious fundraising goals while managing budgeted expenses
- Oversees effective utilization of donor-tracking databases and appropriate and timely donor acknowledgement
- Manages development staff responsible for grants, partnership project management, database management, and fundraising events
- Manages relevant vendor relationships
- An exceptional track record for leading, developing, and executing fundraising initiatives in a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial organization
- Success in building existing and new relationships to diversify funding sources
- Demonstrated success in major giving and corporate partnerships
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, oral and written -- clear, effective, and persuasive
- Experienced in all aspects of digital fundraising using mobile, social, and email
- Expert knowledge of all development operational processes
- Experience in donor database management and report analyses; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Proven expertise in preparing and delivering proposals and presentations
Skills and Experience:
- Proven success in business development; marketing experience a plus
- Experience in digital media and digital technologies
- Experience in the healthcare, oncology, and/or breast cancer industry preferred
- Proven expertise in complex negotiations and ongoing partner management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- Availability to work evenings and weekends and travel, as needed/when required
- This is a full time position in our Ardmore, PA office. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.