Department: Marketing & Communications
Role of Digital Content Director/Editorial Director
Reports to Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Since our start in 1999, Breastcancer.org’s mission has been to help women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast health and breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives.
Now our mission has become more critical than ever.
As health care, technology, and patient behavior are transforming in amazing new ways, it is an exciting time for us at Breastcancer.org. We are building a new digital platform that will truly transform the breast cancer patient experience.
If you are ambitious and excited by the opportunity to play a key role in Breastcancer.org’s transformation, join our growing team!
We are looking for an energetic and passionate editorial director to be a part of our team during a time of exciting growth. This person will help to create an engaging web presence for our 23 million annual unique visitors who depend on Breastcancer.org for accurate, up-to-date health information and support in making important decisions for their health. As editorial director, you will be responsible for taking breast health and breast cancer-related web content from concept to publication by overseeing a diverse team of staff, freelance contributors, medical advisers, and vendors. You will lead the production and publication of original and user-generated written content as well as video, podcasts, and interactive media.
You will be responsible for creating and publishing content that is aligned with our mission – to help the person in need of information and support. You are also responsible for maintaining quality and consistency across media types to grow traffic, deepen audience engagement, and raise brand visibility.
- Research and stay knowledgeable about disease-related topics and the audience journey
- Contribute to content strategy and content plans
- Collaborate with staff and our Professional Advisory Board of medical experts and key opinion leaders to brainstorm topic areas
- Ensure content tone is sensitive to and respectful of patient state-of-mind and frame of reference
- Delegate assignments to in-house team members and freelance writing staff
- Supervise contributors/reviewers to ensure deadlines are met and style guide requirements are achieved
- Top level editing of all submitted pieces for accuracy, relevancy, and cohesiveness
- Ensure all published content meets quality standards; including rigorous medical review process to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate or animate articles
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic and drive content performance
- Analyze and report content performance and overall site traffic
- Edit content using appropriate software and content management system
- Stay abreast of relevant digital technologies to incorporate as appropriate
- Proven work experience as a digital content editor; 7-10 year minimum
- Experience working with health care professionals and/or researchers is a must
- Strong commitment to accuracy and experience with rigorous fact-checking
- Digital editing skills with an exceptional portfolio of published work
- Creative mind, collaborative thinker and doer
- Ability to translate complex medical and lifestyle ideas for a consumer audience
- Strong attention to and appreciation for detail
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ambitious, intellectually curious, optimistic, and generous
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, multitasking environment
- Full time position/partially on site in Ardmore, PA
We also offer an excellent benefits package and remote work flexibility.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.