The Bilingual Marketing Associate is responsible for communicating in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing, in English and Spanish. The Marketing specialist also provides Spanish-English translation services (verbal and written) for various Breastcancer.org audiences. This position works directly with Director of Marketing in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Manage relationships and network within the Hispanic community on behalf of Breastcancer.org to understand market needs and increase brand awareness.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to collect data associated with social media campaigns, public relations strategies and tactics, and ongoing marketing activities for monthly and yearly reports.
- Manage Breastcancer.org’s social media presence. Responsible for growing the audience on various social media platforms in English and Spanish.
- Assist Director of Marketing with Hispanic media relations including on-air and print interviews.
- Attend events and conferences. Some events and conferences are located out of town.
- Provide administrative support for the Marketing department, including ordering collateral and presentation support.
- Must be available to attend events in the evenings and on weekends. Some travel is required.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Provide professional oral and written translation of marketing and public relations materials from English to Spanish.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with strong writing capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications, or related field is required.
- 4-6 years of prerequisite-related work experience required.
- Strong marketing fundamentals and a demonstrated competency in a wide range of marketing communication activities.
- Knowledge of and experience with various U.S. Hispanic communities.
- Knowledge of Hispanic nonprofits, community outreach programs, and online resources for health-based information.
- Must have positive and team-oriented interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with Breastcancer.org staff, board members, volunteers, and our community at large.
- Must have knowledge of social media marketing, specifically Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Additional qualifications include: excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize, demonstrated commitment to completing assignments on a timely basis, ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Must have advanced MS Office skills including ability to use MS Outlook Calendar, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Report to: Director of Marketing