We encourage you to be responsible and to respect the others participating within the Chat community. Your conduct should be guided by common sense, basic etiquette, and these chat guidelines:
- The rooms are intended for breast cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors to meet and support one another. We ask that other visitors -- including students, researchers, and medical professionals -- respect this and NOT use the Chat Rooms. Please access other pages on the site. Please refer to the links provided specifically for students and researchers.
- Please be polite and courteous, and introduce yourself upon entering the rooms. If you are idling in the Chat Room and not chatting, you may be removed. Many members complain about the people who idle, and they feel as though they are being spied upon.
- Please respect the opinions and practices of others in the room. We ask that you do not argue or openly debate with anyone. The use of rude or abusive language, blatantly insensitive remarks, or purposely annoying comments is not acceptable.
- It is strictly forbidden to advertise or promote cures, treatments, or products. Also, it is forbidden to try to obtain personal information from another chatter such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- Chat safely: We strongly discourage you to give out your last name, home address, telephone number, or email address. If you would like to exchange this information with another chatter, we suggest that you use the private message function.
- You are expected to observe all guidelines both during monitored and unmonitored chats. Please use good judgment when you chat. Breastcancer.org moderators reserve the right to remove or ban you from the room for violating any of the above guidelines or for any other behavior that is deemed to be inappropriate for our rooms.