The Breastcancer.org Online Community is a free service provided to users of Breastcancer.org. The Discussion Boards are not edited, censored, or otherwise controlled by Breastcancer.org. Breastcancer.org does not and cannot screen content provided by you or other users.
Breastcancer.org does not endorse, and specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for, any content submitted to the Discussion Boards, whether the topic is first selected by Breastcancer.org or a user. By visiting the Discussion Boards, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not want to be bound by these terms, then do not access or use the Discussion Boards.
By using the Discussion Boards, you are granting Breastcancer.org a perpetual, exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such messages, files or communications.
Rules of Conduct
You agree to abide by the following rules, and all administrative and moderator decisions, in your online communications with or through Breastcancer.org, and you acknowledge that we may suspend or terminate your access to online communications in our sole discretion:
- You represent that you are a breast cancer survivor or support person.
- You agree to introduce yourself, greet newcomers and make them feel welcome, and to remain respectful in all interactions. You agree that if you find yourself at odds with another registered user, you will (i) use the “ignore” button, (ii) not respond to an offending communication or (iii) report the communication to a moderator via e-mail or the “Report This Post” feature (but will use this feature only to report communications that are truly offensive, not those which simply reflect a view different from your own).
- You agree to respect differences among participants in race, religion and sexual orientation, among others. You acknowledge that Breastcancer.org respects all political and religious beliefs and agree to limit your discussion of politics and religion to their role in your physical and emotional health.
- You agree to obtain the advance written consent of Breastcancer.org prior to communicating any request for participation in research studies, school projects, polls or organizational events.
- You agree not to communicate any personally identifiable information about any person, without his or her advance written consent, and not to provide your own address except through the Private Messaging function.
- You agree not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, or participate in deliberate, repeated, hostile behavior ("cyber bullying"). You agree not to post messages (public or private) that contain material that is inappropriate, unlawful, hateful, profane, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, hostile or indecent.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity and not to use more than one user name at a time.
- You acknowledge that all members are permitted only one verified member identification, and that operating multiple accounts, even with unique email addresses, or a unique computer, is not permitted. If a user is banned from the Discussion Boards, s/he is prohibited from re-registering under a different account. Breastcancer.org reserves the right to delete additional member accounts. You acknowledge that the use of false registration information or creating multiple accounts on the Breastcancer.org site may result in permanent suspension of all associated registrations without notice.
- You agree not to violate the intellectual property rights of others, and you agree not to post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You agree not to upload files, or cause users to upload files, that contain viruses, worms, "Trojan horses", corrupted files, or any similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of another's computer hardware, software or data.
- You agree not to advertise or promote any goods or services or solicit anyone to buy or sell goods or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval. "Junk mail", "spamming", "chain letters, "pyramid schemes" and similar activities are strictly prohibited.
- You acknowledge that Breastcancer.org is not in a position to assist those contemplating suicide or self-injury. If you are having thoughts of either, please seek immediate, professional assistance. You may call 911 (or, if not in the United States, the comparable emergency number in your country) or visit a hospital emergency room, or call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255).
- You agree not to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law in your use of this Web Site.
- You agree not to collect or store users' content or information, or otherwise access this Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers), without our permission.