← Breastcancer.org

Genetic testing appropriate for daughter?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)

Ask-the-Expert Online Conference

Question from Bgirl: I'm 25 years old and my mother was diagnosed with HER-2 positive breast cancer at the age of 58. Would you recommend a BRCA test for me? There is history of other cancers in my extended family as well.
Answers - Carol Cherry, M.S.N., R.N., A.P.R.N., B.C. It is most informative for the person affected with breast cancer in the family to have the genetic testing first. Perhaps you and your mother would want to seek risk assessment counseling together to explore this.
Terri McHugh If your mother is unwilling to have genetic counseling and testing, then genetic testing may be appropriate for you.

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference Breast Cancer Risk and Your Family featured Terri McHugh, D.O., and Carol Cherry, M.S.N., R.N., A.P.R.N., B.C. answering your questions about genetics and breast cancer, and how your family could be affected.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in March 2008.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top