In these Ask-the-Expert Conference transcripts, you can read professionals’ answers to questions about the diagnostic information on your pathology report. Topics covered include hormone receptor status, triple-negative breast cancer, HER2 testing, surgical margins, lymphatic invasion, and cancer grade. Here are just some of the questions answered:
- My pathology report stated, "estrogen and progesterone receptors negative." Should I ask for more details? Answer.
- What fuels triple-negative breast cancer? Answer.
- Are there any special dietary recommendations for someone with hormone-receptor-negative cancer? Answer.
- Initially on my needle biopsy path report, the HER2 result was "strongly positive" but when the post-mastectomy path report came back, it said the tissue was HER2 negative. How could there be such a huge discrepancy? Answer.
- My pathology report says that the margins were close. They are recommending doing a re-excision. Is this my best option? Answer.
The conference transcripts in this section are part of the Breastcancer.org Ask-the-Expert Online Conference program.
We also recommend that you sign up for free email updates from Breastcancer.org. This is the best way to keep your finger on the pulse of the Breastcancer.org community and get breaking research news as well as information about content updates and upcoming events.
If you find these online conference transcripts helpful and informative, please consider making a donation to Breastcancer.org.
Your Guide to the Breast Cancer Pathology Report is an on-the-go reference booklet you can fill out with your doctor or nurse to keep track of the results of your pathology report. Download the PDF of the booklet to print it at home.