Need husband to lighten up?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)
Question from Sally: I am coping okay with my diagnosis and treatment, but my husband has turned into a fusspot and is driving me insane. I feel like I am in the hospital permanently with the constant attention. How do I get him to lighten up and help me enjoy life?
Answers - Patricia A. Ganz, M.D. This is a situation where maybe having him have an opportunity to meet with a social worker or join a support group for partners of women with breast cancer where he can share his feelings and anxieties openly about the threats to your health is a good idea. You are obviously very important to him. He is worried about your health, and he is responding by being overprotective. It sounds like you are trying to communicate this to him, but, perhaps, a professional in a health care setting, such as a social worker, might be able to help him with this feeling and reassure him.

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Quality of Life featured Patricia A. Ganz, M.D., and Marisa Weiss, M.D. answering your questions about how breast cancer can affect physical, emotional, social, and sexual aspects of your life.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in October 2001.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful? Yes / No

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top