Who can address emotional pain?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)
Question from Soulright: My medical team only addresses my body. Who takes care of my emotional pain?
Answers - Rosalind Kleban, L.C.S.W. The first thing to do is address that question to your medical team. All patients are more than their cancer, and the illness can't be fully addressed if the whole person is ignored. I would ask my physician to direct me toward the kind of emotional help and support that is essential during breast cancer treatment. Many hospitals and local American Cancer Society chapters offer support groups for women with breast cancer. Lacking that, websites such as Breastcancer.org are wonderful places to connect with other patients.

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Overcoming Depression featured Rosalind Kleban, M.S.W., Diane S. Thompson, M.D., and Jennifer Griggs, M.D., M.P.H. answering your questions about medication and lifestyle changes that can ease depression along with to put hope, fun, and pleasure back into your life during and after breast cancer treatment.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in March 2003.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful? Yes / No

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top