Help to find a lawyer for discrimination?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)
Question from Music Lover: I would like to contact a lawyer regarding what I believe was a discriminating decision on my employer’s side. However, now that I don't have a job, how can I pay for this? I'm already having to cover my health insurance. Are there lawyers who work for low-cost?
Answers - Barbara Hoffman There are some lawyer referral services that may help you find an attorney who will donate his/her time or work for low cost. Look through your local bar association, or through an organization called the National Employment Lawyers Association, the website for which is It has information about contacting an attorney who specializes in employment discrimination. Additionally, there are some cancer advocacy organizations that can help you find a lawyer specializing in cancer-related discrimination. These include the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship ( and the Patient Advocate Foundation (

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Working During Treatment featured Barbara Hoffman, J.D., Irene Card, and moderator Ruth Oratz, M.D., F.A.C.P. answering your questions about the legal, financial, physical, and emotional aspects of working during breast cancer treatment.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in September 2007.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful? Yes / No

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top