You may think you're simply tired, but if your feelings of listlessness and disinterest go on for weeks, you probably have fatigue. Symptoms of fatigue include:
- lack of energy
- sleeping more
- not wanting to do normal activities or being unable to do them
- paying less attention to personal appearance
- feeling tired even after sleeping
- trouble thinking or concentrating
- trouble finding words or speaking
"I'm so exhausted from dealing with all the emotional ups and downs with my disease. I'm wondering how much of this overtiredness is not physical at all. And if I'll ever feel stronger. I barely sleep since I've been home from my surgery. I'm tired, but never tired enough to just sleep soundly."
Kutluk Oktay, M.D.