- Question from LavenderBeffie: I read you have info on where to purchase sexy things that don't show a scar for one breasted women?
- Answers - Leslie R. Schover, Ph.D. I told Marisa that she would have to give the sexy lingerie information, because I buy my underwear in bulk at Sadie's Big Girdle Outfit. (smile)
- Marisa Weiss, M.D. I loved hearing that from you the first time, and it's just as good hearing it from you tonight! There are all kinds of places available in your area and at a distance through the internet that will sell you any kind of 'getup' that you could ever imagine, from black lacy teddies to little outfits that are costumes in people's fantasy lives. Go to one of these places and see if any of them turns you on. This can be fun, and it should be fun. One of the most important things after a breast cancer diagnosis, I think, is for you to start to re-claim the parts of your life that gave you pleasure or that gave you meaning. Sex and intimacy is one of those really important areas. goodvibrations.com has an online catalog, and their number is 1-800-982-4405. Another good site is www.evesgarden.com.
- Leslie R. Schover, Ph.D. The Sexuality Library is a catalog put out by the Good Vibrations people that has books and videos.
- Marisa Weiss, M.D. For those of you who have never done this before, you might try getting books on sexual erotica and reading it to each other. Also xandria.com is a good site.
The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Intimacy and Sexuality featured Leslie R. Schover, Ph.D., and Marisa Weiss, M.D. answering your questions about how breast cancer diagnosis and treatment affect your sex life.
Editor's Note: This conference took place in February 2001.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.