Specialist for dryness, UTIs, lack of orgasm?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)
Question from Sher: I've had a lot of difficulties with extreme dryness, orgasm, urinary tract irritations/infections after sex. What kind of specialist might I see, in conjunction with my oncologist?
Answers - Kara Nakisbendi A gynecologist or urologist who's familiar with women's healthcare would hopefully be helpful. All of that is connected, and there are some preventative things that can be done: sometimes medications that can suppress urinary tract infections, and possibly vaginal estrogen, can help break that cycle.

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Sex, Intimacy, and Breast Cancer featured Leslie R. Schover, Ph.D. and Kara Nakisbendi, M.D.answering your questions about sexual side effects of breast cancer and breast cancer treatment, and what you can do about them.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in February 2008.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful? Yes / No

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top