- Question from margaret: Do you have any suggestions for eating out? How to choose healthy foods?
- Answers - Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. The great thing about eating out today is that restaurants are willing to negotiate about what they will serve. When you are eating out for business, stick to the healthiest choices on the menu. When you are eating for pleasure, choose foods you don't normally fix at home that you will really enjoy, and watch food portions. Even the fast food restaurants now provide healthy choices.
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. Avoid deep fried foods.
- Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. Go for broiled, baked, braised. Avoid creamed, deep fried.
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. Put the wonderful salad dressing on the side, and dip your fork in it before you stab your salad.
On Wednesday, July 19, 2000, our Ask-the-Expert Online Conference was called Food for Cancer Recovery. Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. and moderator Marisa Weiss, M.D. answered your questions about nutrition and how it relates to cancer recovery.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.