- Question from margaret: What foods, if any, should you avoid while on chemotherapy?
- Answers - Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. One medical oncologist I work with says to avoid your favorite foods, because you may lose your interest in them, because they become associated with the chemotherapy. Stick to a simple diet. I think soups are popular. Keep crackers by your side.
- Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. Keep whole grain crackers.
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. A bland diet is helpful.
- Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. One of the great quick to fix ways to get some nutrition is to mix various cans of soups together. For instance, I mixed Progresso Green Pea or Lentil with a Minestrone. Instant, easy to swallow meal in three minutes or less.
On Wednesday, July 19, 2000, our Ask-the-Expert Online Conference was called Food for Cancer Recovery. Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. and moderator Marisa Weiss, M.D. answered your questions about nutrition and how it relates to cancer recovery.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.