- Question from Peppie: What do you think of this new rinse available to rinse fruits and vegetables?
- Answers - Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. I don't think that it's any more effective than water. But there is a new product out that can make you feel more confident about eating pesticide-free foods. It is called Fit.
- Marisa Weiss, M.D. I heard Meryl Streep say that she washes all of her fruits and vegetables with soapy water and then rinses for a long time.
- Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. There is no reason to use soap.
- Marisa Weiss, M.D. What about the wax on apples?
- Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. Peel them.
On Wednesday, July 19, 2000, our Ask-the-Expert Online Conference was called Food for Cancer Recovery. Ronda Gates, M.S., R.Ph. and moderator Marisa Weiss, M.D. answered your questions about nutrition and how it relates to cancer recovery.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.