- Question from Camelot: What did you eat today?
- Answers - Diana Dyer, M.S., R.D. I had one of my soy shakes for breakfast, and all the recipes are on my website. For lunch I had some curried pumpkin soup with white beans, some whole grain crackers with hummus, an apple, and iced green tea. For supper I had Chinese carryout, and I'm a fussy orderer so this is what I told them: "as little fat as possible, brown rice instead of white, a dollar's worth of steamed tofu added to the vegetables, and hot green tea." And some plain water. The portions were huge, so I'll probably finish the food when I get off the phone tonight!
- Jennifer Sabol, M.D., F.A.C.S. I would have preferred to have eaten with Diana, because my breakfast consisted of a cup of coffee. But I made it to the hospital cafeteria for lunch, which was Cajun grilled salmon, wild rice, and steamed green beans. Dinner has yet to happen, but I have to confess that during the conference I had a chocolate chip cookie that my 2-year-old made.
- Diana Dyer, M.S., R.D. I have a slew of family-approved, ultra-healthy recipes on my website. My husband and my sons, who were teenagers living at home at the time, approved all of them.
- Jennifer Sabol, M.D., F.A.C.S. My husband likes The Ultimate Healthy Eating Cookbook put out by Hermes House. I do have to admit that they not only come up with simple recipes to make, but they also show beautiful pictures of the finished dishes which makes it much more fun to cook. Even my little guy likes a lot of the recipes.
The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called Eating and Drinking Through the Holidays featured Diana Dyer, M.S., R.D. and moderator Jennifer Sabol, M.D. answering your questions about how to stay healthy during the most hectic, high-calorie time of year.
Editor's Note: This conference took place in November 2006.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.