- Question from Candlelight: Dr. Benor, looking at the affirmation you cited, do you believe that organized spirituality (belief in a supreme being) is a requirement for this sort of approach?
- Answers - Dan Benor When I see in the press that some people talk of faith healing as an example of spiritual healing, I become uncomfortable. Research shows that many animals, and even plants can respond to healing, so it's clear that faith in a supreme being isn't a requirement. But a person of faith may find it very comforting to experience the healing within that context. The context itself may add power to the healing for that person.
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. For people of faith, or people who are within a community that share a strong spiritual bond, great power can be had by just connecting within the community. It could be a church, a bird-watching group, or a meditation circle. It can take many forms.
- Dan Benor People have asked me about my religious belief and practice. I've come to feel that I belong to a church of personal spirituality. So I can resonate, Marisa, with what you've said about that fact that a person could belong to a bird-watching group, because nature speaks very strongly of spiritual awareness.
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. Being aware that there is power beyond yourself may be a key ingredient for many of the mystical powers.
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, our Ask-the-Expert Online Conference was called Complementary and Holistic Treatments. Daniel Benor, M.D., Patricia Johnson, M.D., and Marisa Weiss, M.D. answered your questions about what complementary and holistic treatments are, how to find reliable practitioners, and which might be the best treatments for you.
The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of Breastcancer.org. A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.
A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.