Problem with breast surgeon?

Save as Favorite
Sign in to receive recommendations (Learn more)
Question from Colleen: What if I have a problem with my breast surgeon, but not with my plastic surgeon?
Answers - Jennifer Griggs, M.D., M.P.H. If you feel that you need to change breast surgeons, probably the best person to speak with is the plastic surgeon. Let the plastic surgeon know what the issues are and that you feel strongly that you need to make a change. Most plastic surgeons work with several breast surgeons, so s/he should be able to make a good recommendation. Be careful not to put your plastic surgeon in a position of speaking against a colleague. You can frame this as a personality 'fit,' rather than anything more serious.

The Ask-the-Expert Online Conference called The Doctor-Patient Relationship featured Jennifer Griggs, M.D., M.P.H. and Marisa Weiss, M.D. answering your questions about how to find the right doctor for you, and how to create and maintain a good, open relationship with your doctor so you can be sure to get all the care and information you need.

Editor's Note: This conference took place in February 2003.

The materials presented in these conferences do not necessarily reflect the views of A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product or regimen discussed. All readers should verify all information and data before employing any therapies described here.

A production of LiveWorld, Inc.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful? Yes / No

Springappeal17 miniad 1
Back to Top