In this section you can read the answers given by breast cancer experts to these, and many other important questions related to breast cancer treatment:
- I have been told that permanent cosmetics, i.e. eyeliner and eyebrows, will interfere with a future MRI. Is this true? Answer.
- I had nipple reconstruction done with the skin on my inner thigh. I have a pronounced areola, and it wasn't very successful. I had it done the second time with skin from the other leg and cartilage from my ear. Again, it wasn't successful. What can I do? Answer.
- Can you distinguish each flap? TRAM, DIEP, GAP, free, and pedicle? Answer.
- What is your feeling about silicone implants? Are they safe? Answer.
- I'm 68 and had a mastectomy 8 years ago. Am I too old to have reconstruction? Answer.
The conference transcripts in this section are part of the Breastcancer.org Ask-the-Expert Online Conference program.
We also recommend that you sign up for free email updates from Breastcancer.org. This is the best way to keep your finger on the pulse of the Breastcancer.org community and get breaking research news as well as information about content updates and upcoming events.
If you find these online conference transcripts helpful and informative, please consider making a donation to Breastcancer.org.