Since our start in 1999, Breastcancer.org’s mission has been to help women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast health and breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives.
Now our mission has become more critical than ever.
As health care, technology, and patient behavior are transforming in amazing new ways, it is an exciting time for us at Breastcancer.org. We are building a new digital platform that will truly transform the breast cancer patient experience.
If you are ambitious and excited by the opportunity to play a key role in Breastcancer.org’s transformation, join our growing team!
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and passionate communications director to join our team during an exciting time of growth. This person will design and implement strategies to cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audiences, and boost our brand awareness. Reports to vice president, marketing and communications.
- Creating and managing compelling, creative, and integrated external communications campaigns, in partnership with vice president, to support and advance the awareness of Breastcancer.org and its mission
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with related media, influential bloggers, and conference organizations to drive brand awareness
- Monitoring and managing media and speaker requests for founder and CMO as well as executive team members
- Developing compelling key messages including talking points for speakers, press releases, and media alerts
- Maintaining the organization’s overarching communications calendar and develop monthly reporting for Board and executives
- Updating media kit materials as needed
- Collaborating with Editorial and Design teams to ensure promotion of new content; collaborating with Community team to promote member insights through surveys and polling
- Collaborating with the Development team to ensure successful communications components of our partnership programs, fundraising campaigns, and events
- Researching and staying knowledgeable about disease-related topics and the audience journey
- Monitoring competition and providing ideas to stand out for our unique value
- Staying up to date and integrating digital technology developments and marketing best practices
- Proven work experience in digital marketing and/or communications; minimum of 5-7 years experience
- Health-related experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns, with a focus on digital and/or fundraising
- Ability to create and implement campaigns at financial scale
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, and CRM software (experience with the Blackbaud suite is a plus)
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative mind, collaborative thinker and doer
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ambitious, intellectually curious, optimistic, and generous
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, multi-tasking environment
- Full time position in Ardmore, PA with remote work flexibility
We also offer an excellent benefits package.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.