If you own a house, a car, a vacation home or cottage, stocks, bonds, or other property, it's a good idea to put the information about them all in one place. If someone has to help you pay your bills or taxes, it will make the job much easier.
For each dwelling or piece of land it's a good idea to have:
- address (if it's a house or a piece of land)
- name, address, and phone number of the mortgage company (if applicable)
- the deed for the building or piece of land
- how the title is held
- market value or last assessed value of the property
For each car, truck, boat, or other vehicle, it's a good idea to have:
- name, address, and phone number of the financial institution that holds the loan on the vehicle, as well as the account number
- title (if the vehicle is owned outright)
- description of vehicle
- copy of bill of sale
- market value
For each stock, bond, certificate of deposit, or other secured or unsecured note, it's a good idea to have:
- description of asset and name, address, and phone number of company or financial institute that offered the asset, as well as account number
- stock certificate
- how title is held
- market value
- broker's name, address, and phone number (if applicable)
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Taking Certain Supplements Before and During Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer May Be Risky
A small study suggests that people who took antioxidant supplements before and during...