Questions for people who just have been diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer:
- For my situation, what are the benefits and risks of aromatase inhibitors?
- For my situation, what are the benefits and risks of tamoxifen?
- Do you think an aromatase inhibitor or tamoxifen makes more sense for me?
- Can you compare the side effects of tamoxifen with the side effects of aromatase inhibitors?
- How many years will I take hormonal therapy?
- Do I need any tests to determine if I am pre- or postmenopausal?
- Do I need a bone density test?
Questions for people who have taken tamoxifen for 2 to 3 years:
- Do you think I should switch to an aromatase inhibitor? Why?
- How much longer would I take tamoxifen if I didn't switch to an aromatase inhibitor?
- How long would I take an aromatase inhibitor if I did switch?
- Will I have different side effects if I switch to an aromatase inhibitor?
Questions for people who have finished 5 years of tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor:
- Are there any reasons I should now take a different type of hormonal therapy for an additional 5 years? (Tamoxifen for women who have finished 5 years of an aromatase inhibitor; an aromatase inhibitor for women who have finished 5 years of tamoxifen.)
- Are there any reasons why I should keep taking my current hormonal therapy medicine for longer than 5 years?
- How many years would I take an aromatase inhibitor? How many years would I take tamoxifen?
- What side effects might I have with an aromatase inhibitor? With tamoxifen?
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Taking Certain Supplements Before and During Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer May Be Risky
A small study suggests that people who took antioxidant supplements before and during...
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....