Mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast. On these pages, you can find out more about different types of mastectomy, get help with decision-making, and learn what to expect during and after surgery.
In this section:
- What Is Mastectomy?
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
- Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy
- Is Mastectomy Right for You?
- Mastectomy Plus Radiation
- Mastectomy Plus Reconstruction
- Mastectomy: What to Expect
- Mastectomy Risks
- 15 Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Mastectomy
- Before Mastectomy: 10 Tips to Get Ready for Your Hospital Stay and Recovery
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Mastectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Eating When You Have Nausea and Vomiting
Almost all breast cancer treatments have varying degrees of risk for nausea and vomiting. Some...
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....