Read what breast reconstruction specialists have to say about revision surgery, how radiation therapy impacts reconstruction, going flat after reconstruction, and more.
- Can implant surgery be revised with DIEP flaps years later?
- Am I too old for reconstruction using my own tissue?
- Can a DIEP flap and fat grafting be performed at the same time to create a breast?
- Can post-surgical adhesions be fixed?
- I had radiation and my surgeon says I can’t have implants. Is flap surgery my only option?
- How difficult is it to “go flat” after implant surgery?
- Why is implant reconstruction usually not recommended after radiation therapy?
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...
Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS)
Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is non-invasive breast cancer. Ductal means that the cancer...