FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Pamela Green
Ardmore, PA (June 14, 2011) — Breastcancer.org, the leading online resource for breast health and breast cancer information and support, announced its 2011 Board of Directors during the organization’s quarterly Board meeting. James M. Monastero, principal at Ernst & Young, will serve as chair for a two-year term from 2011-2013. Mr. Monastero has been a director of the Board since 2009, and he has also served as chair of the Board’s finance committee and as a member of the Board’s executive and compensation committees. Mr. Monastero succeeds Amanda Westphal Radcliffe, director of the Board for Vertex Inc.
In addition, six new directors have been elected to two-year terms:
- Marnie Bowen, patient advocate
- Michael DeLone, principal, Deloitte Consulting
- Jane H. Hollingsworth, co-founder and CEO, NuPathe Inc.
- Danielle Py-Salas, JD, associate broker, Keller Williams Realty
- Nancy Schmidt, RN, BSN, nurse specialist, Musculoskeletal Tumor and Limb Reconstruction Center
- Paul Weiner, JD, national e-discovery counsel, Littler Mendelson
They will serve with the following returning directors:
- Shari Foos, MFA, MFT, marriage and family therapist
- Joanne Gillis-Donovan, Ph.D., president and CEO, Melmark
- Richy Glassberg, COO, MedHelp.org
- Lisa Kabnick, partner and head of financial transactions, Reed Smith LLP
- Sheri Lambert, MBA, BSIE, senior vice president, Synovate
- Leslie Laredo, president, Laredo Group
- John McFadden, attorney
- Nina Montée Karp, producer and activist
- Larry Norton, M.D., medical director and deputy physician-in-chief for breast cancer programs, Evelyn H. Lauder Breast Center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Marisa C. Weiss, M.D., president and founder, Breastcancer.org
- Hope Wohl, MBA, CEO, Breastcancer.org
“The directors of the Board of Breastcancer.org are so committed to fulfilling our mission to help women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives,” said Marisa C. Weiss M.D., president and founder of Breastcancer.org. “We thank our former Board directors and welcome our new directors who generously volunteer their talents and time to advance our mission.”
Breastcancer.org is the #1 online resource for breast health and breast cancer information and support, with more than 6,000 pages of expert-reviewed information and a robust, dynamic peer support community. A nonprofit organization, Breastcancer.org receives more than 10 million visits each year. For more information about Breastcancer.org, please visit www.breastcancer.org.