If your company is interested in co-promoting a product in order to donate a percentage of sales to Breastcancer.org, please email Events@breastcancer.org.
Independent retail stores can host fundraisers by having in-store sales on specific dates or during a special time of year, like October/Breast Cancer Awareness Month or around Mother's Day in the spring. Merchandise could be on sale for special prices, and a percentage of all sales could go to Breastcancer.org. To make the event even more fun, advertise your event by sending out community invitations and having light food at the event for all to enjoy.
- Fairs—Companies can host events such as a health fair or book fair. The office staff can donate money in return for participation and enjoy food and entertainment while doing so!
- Dress Down Day, Jeans Day or Wear Pink Day—This type of easy fundraiser is always a hit in the workplace. It is a day to dress down and take a break from the dress code of your working environment. Company employees can "pay" an appointed staff member for this privilege, and the money raised will be donated to benefit the cause. Whether your office staff decides to dress down or wear a specific type of clothing, it is a day to be comfortable and relaxed, and of course, to raise money to benefit breast cancer education.
- Birthday/Holiday Fundraiser—Office staff can collect money during an office party. This can be done by passing around a donation box, or by collecting money at the door.
- Halloween-Themed—Not only is October the month of Halloween, but it is also breast cancer awareness month. In Philadelphia, Breastcancer.org hosts a wonderful event called "Take the Fright out of Breast Cancer." Now you too can throw a fun Halloween bash like ours to benefit the cause! A great way to do so is to have a Halloween office party. Employers and employees can donate money in exchange for participating in an event filled with fun Halloween foods, costumes and music. Have special prizes for best costume, scariest, etc, and decorate your office with Halloween decorations. Everyone is sure to have a great time at this event!
- Office Golf/Tennis/Softball Event—Why not take a day off to celebrate the company's success? Your company can organize a tournament or day of softball for a fun and athletic fundraiser. Each player or team could pay a participation fee, which would be donated to Breastcancer.org. Enjoy a picnic outside for a day of teambuilding, fun and charity!
Hospitality Companies (Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Hotels, Bars, Clubs, etc.)
These types of community-friendly companies are tailor made to host fundraising events! Donate a portion of the night's proceeds or have customers pay a door fee in exchange for an afternoon or evening out in a special setting. Restaurants, clubs, bars or coffee shops can provide food, drinks and entertainment for a fun community outing.
If you have any questions, ideas or comments, please email Events@breastcancer.org. Please also email Events@breastcancer.org if you or your company has items you wish to donate to a Breastcancer.org live or silent auction.