In this section you can read the answers given by breast cancer experts to these, and many other important questions related to day-to-day matters for women affected by breast cancer:
- Will I get past these silly hot flashes and panic attacks? They are ruling my life. Answer.
- I've gained 10 pounds during chemo and radiation that I can't seem to shed. I'll finish chemo in early Christmas. Advice? Answer.
- Do you think that the lifestyle changes, with modern living, has added to people being less active and not eating enough nutritional food? Answer.
- What happens if I lose lymph nodes to surgery or my white count drops dramatically because of chemotherapy? Is my immune system weakened, and will I become vulnerable again to cancer and infection? Answer.
- I have had a radical mastectomy. My husband says he still loves me but I don't feel whole and find myself turning away from him. What can I do? Answer.
- I'm so ANGRY about this disease, and what it's done to me and my family. I find that anger is spilling over into other areas of my life. I don't want to turn into a mean person, but I'm sure heading that way. Any suggestions? Answer.
The conference transcripts in this section are part of the Breastcancer.org Ask-the-Expert Online Conference program.
We also recommend that you sign up for free email updates from Breastcancer.org. This is the best way to keep your finger on the pulse of the Breastcancer.org community and get breaking research news as well as information about content updates and upcoming events.
If you find these online conference transcripts helpful and informative, please consider making a donation to Breastcancer.org.