Brand name: Herceptin Hylecta
Chemical name: Trastuzumab and hyaluronidase-oysk
Class: HER2 (human epidermal receptor 2) inhibitor targeted therapy and an enzyme
How it works: HER2 inhibitors work against HER2-positive breast cancers by blocking the ability of the cancer cells to receive chemical signals that tell the cells to grow. The enzyme helps the body use the Herceptin.
Uses: Herceptin Hylecta is used to:
- reduce the risk of early-stage, HER2-positive disease coming back after surgery and other treatments, alone or as part of a regimen with chemotherapy medicines
- treat metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer
How it’s given: Herceptin Hylecta is given as an injection under the skin.
- weakening of the heart muscle
- lung problems
- joint pain
- injection site reaction
- upper respiratory tract infection
- muscle pain
- pain in extremities
- heart problems
Read more about Herceptin Hylecta.
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer (Redirect)
What Is Breast Implant Illness?
Breast implant illness (BII) is a term that some women and doctors use to refer to a wide range...