Brand name: Trodelvy
Chemical name: Sacituzumab govitecan-hziy
Class: Antibody-drug conjugate immune targeted therapy. Trodelvy is made up of:
- sacituzumab, a type of protein called a monoclonal antibody, that targets the Trop-2 protein; the Trop-2 protein is found in more than 90% of triple-negative breast cancers
- SN-38, a topoisomerase I inhibitor chemotherapy; topoisomerase I inhibitors work by interfering with the cancer cells’ ability to replicate
- a compound that links the sacituzumab to the SN-38
The linking compound attaches (conjugates) the monoclonal antibody sacituzumab to the SN-38 chemotherapy.
Uses: Trodelvy is used to treat adults diagnosed with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer who have received at least two previous treatments for metastatic disease.
How it’s given: Trodelvy is given intravenously, which means the medicine is delivered directly into your bloodstream through an IV or port.
- low white blood cell counts
- hair loss
- decreased appetite
- abdominal pain
Read more about Trodelvy.
- Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) prescribing information. Immunomedics, Morris Plains, NJ. 2020. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/761115s000lbl.pdf. (PDF)
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...
Cancer Survivors Overestimate Quality of Their Diets
Most people who have been diagnosed with cancer think they eat a healthy diet, but a study found...