Brand name: Trodelvy
Chemical name: Sacituzumab govitecan-hziy
Class: Antibody-drug conjugate immune targeted therapy. Trodelvy is made up of:
- sacituzumab, a type of immune cell called a monoclonal antibody, that targets the Trop-2 protein; the Trop-2 protein is found in more than 90% of triple-negative breast cancers
- SN-38, a topoisomerase I inhibitor chemotherapy; topoisomerase I inhibitors work by interfering with the cancer cells’ ability to replicate
- a compound that links the sacituzumab to the SN-38
The linking compound attaches (conjugates) the monoclonal antibody sacituzumab to the SN-38 chemotherapy.
Uses: Trodelvy is used to treat adults diagnosed with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer who have received at least two previous treatments for metastatic disease.
How it’s given: Trodelvy is given intravenously, which means the medicine is delivered directly into your bloodstream through an IV or port.
- low white blood cell counts
- hair loss
- decreased appetite
- abdominal pain
Read more about Trodelvy.
- Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) prescribing information. Immunomedics, Morris Plains, NJ. 2020. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/761115s000lbl.pdf. (PDF)
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Your Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two breast cancers are exactly the same, either. Your...
- How to Ease Aromatase Inhibitor-Related Pain
Managing Your Medical Records
Each doctor and medical facility you visit keeps a medical record for you that includes...
Mastectomy and Breast Reconstruction Video Series
If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, there are a number of surgical options for removing...
Tenacious D: I Was Strong; Cancer Made Me Stronger
“I want to make every woman diagnosed with breast cancer a rock star.” Dianne Wilson’s indigo...