Begin by looking at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
Here's what you should look for:
- Breasts that are their usual size, shape, and color.
- Breasts that are evenly shaped without visible distortion or swelling.
If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor's attention:
- Dimpling, puckering, or bulging of the skin.
- A nipple that has changed position or become inverted (pushed inward instead of sticking out).
- Redness, soreness, rash, or swelling.