- PALS for Life
- Website on exercise for breast cancer survivors by Cathy Bryan, M.Ed., American College of Sports Medicine-certified cancer and exercise personal trainer, who was the lead trainer on the Physical Activity and Lymphedema (PAL) trial, which studied the effect of exercise on lymphedema.
- Strength and Courage
- Website on exercise for breast cancer survivors by Sharon Cowden, pediatrician, golfer, and breast cancer survivor, and Janette Poppenberg, health fitness specialist, American College of Sports Medicine-certified cancer and exercise personal trainer.
- American Cancer Society: Exercises After Breast Surgery
- This page on the American Cancer Society website lists exercises that can be done the first 3 to 7 days after surgery. Each exercise has an accompanying illustration.
- American Cancer Society Guidelines on Nutrition and Physical Activity for Cancer Prevention
- The American Cancer Society releases updated nutrition and physical activity guidelines every 5 years. This page features a detailed summary of the guidelines, as well as a link to the full guidelines written for health professionals.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation: Getting Strong With Exercise After Breast Cancer
- This page on Dr. Susan Love’s website offers some warm-up and stretching exercises for breast cancer survivors.
- MedLine Plus: Fitness and Exercise
- A service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, this site features exercise tips, research, tools, and statistics.
- American College of Sports Medicine Physical Activity and Public Health Guidelines
- The American College of Sports Medicine is the largest medicine and exercise science organization in the world. Besides offering guidelines on how many minutes per day people should exercise, the organization also offers tips on finding the best exercise for you and tools to help you stick with your exercise plan.
- President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition
- The President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition is a committee of up to 25 volunteer citizens appointed by the president to serve in an advisory capacity through the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This site offers news, blogs, videos, and resources on healthy eating and physical activity.
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a 12-week, small group exercise program for adult cancer survivors. The program is in more than 100 YMCA locations in 17 states. This web page has information about the program and how you can bring LIVESTRONG to your local YMCA.
Was this resource helpful?
Thank you for your input!