Lumpectomy is surgery in which only the tumor and some surrounding tissue is removed. On the following pages, you can learn more about lumpectomy surgery, lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy, what to expect from lumpectomy surgery, and questions to ask your surgeon.
In this section:
- What Is Lumpectomy?
- Lumpectomy Plus Radiation
- Is Lumpectomy Plus Radiation Right for You?
- Lumpectomy: What to Expect
- Re-Excision Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy Risks
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy as Part of Experimental Treatment
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Lumpectomy
To connect with others who are facing breast cancer surgery, join the Breastcancer.org Discussion Board forum Surgery - Before, During, and After, which includes threads connecting members based on their surgery month.