Mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast. On these pages, you can find out more about different types of mastectomy, get help with decision-making, and learn what to expect during and after surgery.
In this section:
- What Is Mastectomy?
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
- Is Mastectomy Right for You?
- Mastectomy Plus Radiation
- Mastectomy Plus Reconstruction
- Mastectomy: What to Expect
- Mastectomy Risks
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Mastectomy
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Mastectomy
To connect with others who are facing breast cancer surgery, join the Breastcancer.org Discussion Board forum Surgery - Before, During, and After, which includes threads connecting members based on their surgery month.