- Breastcancer.org is the world’s leading online resource for breast health and breast cancer information.
- The site was founded in 2000 by renowned breast oncologist Marisa C. Weiss, M.D. to help those affected by breast cancer make sense of complex medical information and empower them to make the best decisions throughout their medical and emotional journey.
- In the 19 years since it started, Breastcancer.org has helped 134 million people from around the world.
- In 2018, Breastcancer.org received more than 88,000 visits a day, over 2.6 million visits each month, and more than 32 million visits.
- The site includes over 4,000 pages of original, expert-reviewed content providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date breast health and breast cancer information available.
- Breastcancer.org’s content is produced in consultation with a Professional Advisory Board made up of over 70 experts touching all aspects of breast cancer including medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, plastic surgeons, social workers, nutritionists, and insurance experts.
- Breastcancer.org hosts a vibrant and caring peer support community where people can connect with others to share experiences and advice. There are more than 216,000 registered users of the Breastcancer.org discussion boards, over 80 forums, and more than 150,000 topics.
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...
Cancer Survivors Overestimate Quality of Their Diets
Most people who have been diagnosed with cancer think they eat a healthy diet, but a study found...