- Is this breast cancer invasive, non-invasive, or both invasive and non-invasive?
- Is the breast cancer more aggressive or less aggressive?
- Are the surgical margins negative or positive?
- Are there any cancer cells present in lymph channels or blood vessels?
- What do the hormone receptor tests show? Am I a candidate for medicine that lowers or blocks the effects of estrogen?
- Which of these HER2 tests was performed on the tissue?
- IHC (ImmunoHistoChemistry) test
- FISH (Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization) test
- Is the HER2 test positive, negative, or borderline? Am I a candidate for HER2-targeted therapy?
- Is there cancer in any lymph nodes? If so, how many lymph nodes are involved?
- Am I eligible for a genomic test?
- If any of my test results were unclear, would you recommend testing the tissue again?
- Is any further surgery recommended based on my results?
- Which treatments are most likely to work for this specific cancer, based on my pathology report results?
"The best patients are the worst patients. Nudge, nudge, nudge. Don't sit back and accept anything that fails to satisfy you. Speak up, protect your interests."-- Claire Fagin, Dean Emerita, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Your Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two breast cancers are exactly the same, either. Your...
- How to Ease Aromatase Inhibitor-Related Pain
Managing Your Medical Records
Each doctor and medical facility you visit keeps a medical record for you that includes...
Mastectomy and Breast Reconstruction Video Series
If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, there are a number of surgical options for removing...
Tenacious D: I Was Strong; Cancer Made Me Stronger
“I want to make every woman diagnosed with breast cancer a rock star.” Dianne Wilson’s indigo...