We help people get the best care possible
Our mission is to help people make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast health and breast cancer, so they can make the best decisions for their lives.
We want to ensure that people have access to expert guidance on the multilayered and vast amount of breast cancer information, treatment, and research available. Breastcancer.org is committed to being a trusted resource for both patients and caregivers because we believe that everyone should have the greatest care possible for their unique needs.
Our commitment to providing patient-focused care
Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 by breast oncologist Marisa C. Weiss, M.D., and born out of her conviction that people with breast cancer need more information and support than a doctor's visit can provide.
Since 2000, we have reached 174 million people worldwide. Breastcancer.org receives more than 28 million visits each year, and we host and manage the world’s largest online breast cancer peer community, with over 220,000 registered members throughout our history.
To educate and support our community of patients and caregivers, we offer free access to:
Expert medical information: Breastcancer.org researches and publishes information about all aspects of the breast cancer experience through articles, podcasts, videos, and webinars. Content is created by an award-winning editorial team and reviewed by an advisory board of medical experts.
The latest Research News: Breastcancer.org publishes summaries of peer-reviewed articles to distill and explain the latest and most actionable breast cancer research.
Personalized recommendations: People have the option to create profiles by filling in their diagnostic and treatment information on Breastcancer.org. Based on this information, Breastcancer.org recommends content and information that are relevant to each person's unique situation.
Peer-to-peer community conversation: Our Discussion Boards provide a free, vibrant, and supportive community of people either diagnosed with breast cancer or concerned about a breast condition, as well as their support persons. The boards are monitored by a team of experienced moderators.
Spanish-language resources: Breastcancer.org offers information and Discussion Boards in Spanish.
- Breastcancer.org Team
- Meet the people who work hard to create and deliver on Breastcancer.org's mission.
- Board of Directors
- Members of the Breastcancer.org Board of Directors represent diverse areas of business, philanthropy, and experiences.
- Professional Advisory Board
- All medical information published by Breastcancer.org is reviewed by members of our Professional Advisory Board, which includes over 70 practicing medical professionals from around the world who are leaders in their fields.
- Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization supported by individuals, foundations, and corporations. Learn about our supporters.
- The Press Room
- Learn basic facts about breast cancer and about Breastcancer.org, peruse Breastcancer.org's media appearances, and find logo and logo-use guidelines.
- Policies and Guidelines
- Financial Information
- Review Breastcancer.org's audited financial statements and Form 990s.
- Join Our Team
- We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.