Lumpectomy is surgery in which only the tumor and some surrounding tissue is removed. On the following pages, you can learn more about lumpectomy surgery, lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy, what to expect from lumpectomy surgery, and questions to ask your surgeon.
In this section:
- What Is Lumpectomy?
- Lumpectomy Plus Radiation
- Is Lumpectomy Plus Radiation Right for You?
- Lumpectomy: What to Expect
- Re-Excision Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy Risks
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy as Part of Experimental Treatment
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Lumpectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Triple-negative breast cancer is cancer that tests negative for estrogen receptors, progesterone...