Lumpectomy is surgery in which only the tumor and some surrounding tissue is removed. On the following pages, you can learn more about lumpectomy surgery, lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy, what to expect from lumpectomy surgery, and questions to ask your surgeon.
In this section:
- What Is Lumpectomy?
- Lumpectomy Plus Radiation
- Is Lumpectomy Plus Radiation Right for You?
- Lumpectomy: What to Expect
- Re-Excision Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy Risks
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy as Part of Experimental Treatment
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Lumpectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...
Cancer Survivors Overestimate Quality of Their Diets
Most people who have been diagnosed with cancer think they eat a healthy diet, but a study found...