Mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast. On these pages, you can find out more about different types of mastectomy, get help with decision-making, and learn what to expect during and after surgery.
In this section:
- What Is Mastectomy?
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
- Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy
- Is Mastectomy Right for You?
- Mastectomy Plus Radiation
- Mastectomy Plus Reconstruction
- Mastectomy: What to Expect
- Mastectomy Risks
- 15 Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Mastectomy
- Before Mastectomy: 10 Tips to Get Ready for Your Hospital Stay and Recovery
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Mastectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS)
Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is non-invasive breast cancer. Ductal means that the cancer...
Mastectomy: What to Expect
Before mastectomy surgeryIn the hospital on the day of surgery, you’ll change into a hospital...